Miroslav Volf responds to the recent killing of unarmed black men, Ahmaud Arbery and George Floyd.
Miroslav Volf responds to the recent killing of unarmed black men, Ahmaud Arbery and George Floyd. Exclusion takes many forms, but is marked by both a pursuit of false purity and a failure to see the other as fully human.
Visit faith.yale.edu for more information.
- A brief response to the recent killings of unarmed black men, Ahmad Arbery and George Floyd.
- Exclusion’s many forms are all a pursuit of false purity and failure to see another’s humanity.
- Ahmad Aubrey and George Floyd’s deaths embody what happens when we close ourselves off to others.
- Community & porous identities.
- A metaphor of embrace
- If we only insist on our own identities, rights, and goods, violence will follow.
- Creating a new cultural milieu.
- Exclusion operating as dehumanization
- A Christian response
- Seeing others with the eyes of Christ