The Yale Center for Faith & Culture (YCFC) at the Yale Divinity School seeks a Development Coordinator to support its fundraising and advancement strategy and functions.
The Yale Center for Faith & Culture (YCFC) at the Yale Divinity School seeks a Development Coordinator to support its fundraising and advancement strategy and functions. Reporting to the YCFC Communications Officer, the YCFC Development Coordinator will coordinate core fundraising projects, including both annual giving and major gift operations. Fundamental skills and experience in project management, database management, data analysis, communications, and fundraising strategy are essential.
- Oversee annual giving operations, focusing on list management/maintenance, file building, communications cycles, appeal messaging, and related logistics
- Collaborate with YCFC Communications Officer to develop and implement top-to-bottom strategy for donor funnel, including prospect acquisition, donor communications, CRM management, and development campaign logistics
- Maintain and regularly update YCFC donor file and CRM data
- Migrate data between YCFC CRM and Yale donor database (Hopper)
- Manage development functionality in CRM
- Support YCFC donor communications strategy, including list segmentation, flagging and coding contacts, writing and editing donor communications (such as emails, letters, and resources), etc.
- Manage and execute timely gift acknowledgment protocols
- Coordinate implementation of annual prospect and donor communications calendar
- Collaborate with Yale College and Yale Divinity School student worker assistants
- Coordinate with Yale Divinity School development office regarding appeal calendars, messaging, and database management
Perform development data analysis, including:
- production of regular giving reports,
- tracking success rates of individual appeals,
- social media campaigns for fundraising,
- overall campaign analytics
- demographic analysis of YCFC email subscriber list, social following, and donor file
Major Gift Operations
- Collaborate with YCFC leadership by coordinating and supporting major giving operations and donor relations
- Plan donor and prospect meetings, facilitating administrative and logistics needs
- Cross-reference YCFC Director’s speaking engagements with donor and prospect files to identify prospective meetings
- Collaborate with Associate Director and Communications Officer to design annual series of online major gift prospect events
- Manage visit and ask calendars
- Project management for individualized prospect/donor strategies
- Ensure meetings are scheduled and prepped, gifts acknowledged, etc.
- Coordinate with Yale Divinity School development office regarding YCFC fundraising activities
- Drafts a variety of written materials, including detailed individual prospect briefings and endowed gift agreements, proposals in support of specific University initiatives and internal and external correspondence that conforms to the style and voice of the sender.
- Coordinates research on individual donors and the history and status of gift commitments as needed by gift officers and other University officials. Ensures the accuracy of gift acknowledgments and all information communicated to donors and prospects.
- Prepares reports on prospect pools summarizing giving, status, affiliation and other data points, as needed.
- Assists in the coordination of special events, including dedications, donor recognition events and celebration of special initiatives to ensure timely and successful completion of the proceedings.
- Designs and produces ad hoc reports based on data extracted from primary databases to support fundraising programs.
- Oversees stewardship functions to ensure that donors receive ongoing communication regarding the benefits of their gifts to Yale.
- Supports fundraising directors and gift officers in a range of additional activities related to the University’s development effort, as needed.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Six years of related work experience, four of them in the same job family at the next lower level and a high school level education; or four years of related work experience and an Associate degree; or little or no work experience and a Bachelor degree in a related field; or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 5 or more years of experience in non-profit fundraising operations
Skills and Abilities
- Advanced skills in CRM/database management, particularly for non-profit fundraising and list management.
- Advanced expertise with spreadsheet applications and data analysis.
- Proactive, highly organized, and strong project management skills. Experience managing collaborative projects with short deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- Expert communication skills, in particular oral and interpersonal communication, writing, editing, and proofreading